Friday, April 14, 2006

Our little Piggy!

Our little girl has changed so much in the last 2 weeks! She is smiling all the time, more alert and turned into quite a little piggy! Caidy was weighed yesterday and is {{{{{{{{{{ DRUM ROLL PLEASE }}}}}}}}}}}}
8lbs 3 oz!! She gained 10 oz in 2 weeks! We finally figured out a bottle that works, Dr. Brown bottle with Cleft palate nurser nipple. She takes only about 15 mins to chow down 4 oz! Half the time she doesn't even want to burp until she is finished the entire thing and then lets out a huge one and starts smiling away! She is also still only getting breast milk, which is the hardest thing I have ever done, but I know she needs it. As of today my goal is to make it to her first surgery and we will see how things are going after that, I don't want to overwhelm myself by saying I am going to make it to her first b-day, I know that would just make me want to quit more!
We have tried our hardest to get a picture of our little princess smiling, but can't seem to time things right, so hopefully in the next day or two we will be posting a picture of her beautiful wide smile!

No comments: