Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The twins!


Well here I am at 33 weeks! Crazy to think about how quickly this pregnancy is going by. I had an ultra sound today and the tech measured the babies femurs, stomachs and head circumference to estimate their sizes. I was shocked at how big they are already! Baby A, our girl, is estimated at 4 lbs 10 oz. Our baby B, the boy, is estimated at 5 lbs 8 oz!! That is huge! Not only am I carrying the 10 lbs of baby, each placenta is 2 lbs, there is most likely 2-4 of fluid, so 18 lbs in my stomach alone and the rest of the 27 lbs I have gained is all in my face! :)
I am getting very excited for them to make their appearance, although I still have so much to do to prepare. I still haven't gotten the shelves or dresser to house the babies clothes. This has been a 3-4 week battle with every idea of mine being ruined by either time or our own stupidity! We bought what we thought was a dresser from Costco, only to find out we only bought the drawers! Who does that!! I think both James and I have pregnancy brain! Then the shelves for the closet are being made by a friend of ours and I think we regretted to inform our single guy friend that you need to have things ready BEFORE the babies arrive and not whenever it suits you! ;)
I think other than those minor things we will be ready! On monday I have an appt with my OB to talk about a birth plan and maybe if I need to stay in the Vancouver area until these little ones decide to make an appearance. I am really struggling with not being able to have things planned out. I always knew I was a control freak, of sorts, but this is pushing me way to far! I really feel like a fool for having nothing planned, and as soon as I think I do, something happens to throw all the plans out the window! Hmmm maybe a lesson to be learnt there, not sure! ;)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at your beautiful belly!! I can't believe it's almost time. I will pray for you and James as it gets closer. :)