Monday, December 04, 2006

The changing smile of Caidy

This is Caidy on July 18th, only a couple weeks after her surgery. It is amazing how quickly she healed and how amazing she looks! Caidy just being her happy silly self!!
The scab that is right under her nose took quite a but longer to heal, James and I were told to massage her lip to prevent it from pulling up and shrinking as it healed. I didn't like the idea of doing it while there was still a scab, so I have to admit I haven't been very disciplined in this. Caidy will now allow us to rub her lip, but after talking to our plastic surgeon he put our minds at ease, telling us that over time the lip will come down. We are still massaging, but I know I need to do it way more often in order to really see results.
This is Caidy the other day playing outside. You can see that her lip has shrunk quite a bit from the scar shrinking, but there is still time to massage and it will also loosen over time. You can also see her 2 teeth on the bottom! This big girl also has 2 teeth on the top, the one close to the cleft has come in quite crooked, but that is something they will fix once her adult teeth start coming in, the bone graph surgery.
Posted by Picasa Thank you for reminiscing with me over how much Caidy has changed over the past 9 months. We are not looking forward to the surgery this week, but we also know it is mandatory for Caidy and so important for talking and eating. I will try to update when I can after her surgery. Thank you for continuing to pray!

No comments: