Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I can take a hint!

Subtle or not :)

I have had 5 people in the last day tell me that I need an update on this blog! Hmmmm I guess I can think of something to tell you all!

I feel like it has been so busy in the last little while and I am really loving it. There was something intimidating about the city for me that kept me cooped up in the house more than I would have liked too be, but here in a smaller town I am loving the feeling of freedom. Although they are over now for the year, I was kept busy during the week with play groups and bible study. Now that summer is here the other moms and I try to get together at least once a week, for our kids and our own sanity! We went up to Christina Lake today with 2 other families and had a great time, the kids loved the water and although I was great about sunscreen for them I am bright red! Oh well, at least they aren't. I am also looking forward to go tubing down the river, everyone spends the day at the river here and am hoping James will give it a try with me!He has never liked swimming, but maybe for me he will :)

We have also been doing tons of Reno's around here. It feels like the more we do, the more doesn't get finished!! Right now we are waiting for an electrician to clean up the mess we made from removing a wall, and once that is done we can paint and finish the island and get counter tops!! We also scraped the old ceiling, WOW that was way more work than I expected, but that also has to wait for the electrician before we can paint and finish! James has been trying to get a couple different guys in here to look, but they are pretty booked up.

I have also been working on the powder room on the main floor. It was dark forest green and AWFUL!! They painted everything from the fan to the outlet covers green. A very big job to clean up, but it was well worth the work and was looking great... Until I decided I wanted to paint the counter top. The old owners had spray painted it, it looked retarded and was super ugly. I painted it with a melamine paint and had just started putting urethane on it when a problem arose. The lady at the store gave me tinted stuff instead of clear, it looked so bad. I tried to sand it off, and got impatient so tried to scrape it and then scraped to the old counter top and now we will have to get an electric sander and sand it all down and start again.... AHHHHH just when I think at least one thing can get finished I have to start again.

The kids are all dong well, Elijah has his 3rd birthday coming up on Sunday, the 8th and James' parents are coming out for the weekend. Leah is loving the sunshine and could spend hours running through the sprinkler. Caidy has almost started walking!! She can take about 5 steps in a row before she starts laughing and falls down, I don't think it will be too much longer, this morning she walked to me without me even having to coax her.

I can't really think of much else to say, we had some professional pictures taken last week from a girlfriend of mine so I will post some of those soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great update Jaime!! I love all the new pics!