Saturday, August 18, 2007

Camping Trip

Our camping trip up the North Fork, the middle of no where!
The kids eating oreos and having kool-aid.... you have to do this while camping!
A cool tree we had to stop and take a picture by.
Leah and Elijah in their 'own' tent. Although I did end up sleeping in it with them. The tents were right beside each other, but I was more at ease if I was in there with them...


I may as well get everyone caught up on our summer since it has been so long since I updated this thing!!! :)

Last week was James' week off and we took the kids camping for a night. It was great, we were only about 1/2 an hour away from Grand Forks and totally roughing it. We had no electricity, no water, and only a little make shift outhouse. That may sound the opposite of a vacation, but it was wonderful! We were the only ones there, no one around to have to be quiet for. We were able to build some great fires and stay up quite late talking and spending some great quality time together with no distractions, and the kids absolutely loved it! It reminded me of Family Reunions in Sask at my Great Grandmas house, the only difference was there are absolutely no mosquito's or grass hoppers (great memories of one jumping into Kims shirt! ewwwww)

No comments: